NEWS FROM PYRTON – March 2016
Due to the warm weather in January it was decided to bring forward our annual Daffodil Sunday to February 28th– the first time we have ever held it so early. However the daffodils did not disappoint and on the day the churchyard was a beautiful picture of daffodils, snowdrops and even some primroses! After a delightful Benefice service in the church decorated with daffodil planters in the morning, many people braved the cold wind to visit the church and wander through the village during the afternoon. The village hall was packed throughout the afternoon as all the visitors enjoyed teas, in the warm. Thanks to all the helpers and cake makers, especially Kath & Tom Gomm who worked tirelessly throughout the whole afternoon.
The date for next year’s Daffodil Sunday has been set – March 19th 2017.
March, April and May are busy months in Pyrton so please put these dates in your diary and come along.
- March 25th – 28th is Easter weekend with services on Good Friday at 12 noon and on Easter Sunday at 10am. We will be decorating the church for Easter from 10am on Easter Saturday – all help gratefully received.
- Tuesday April 5th at 7.30pm is the Annual Parochial Church meeting at which the PCC will present its annual report. This will be followed by a Fete planning meeting at 8.15pm – both in the Village Hall.
- Friday April 8th from 7 – 10pm is a Village Hall Pub Night with a chance to have fun playing darts, cards or just engaging in friendly chat. There will be a hot supper with pud. available for £5.
- Friday May 20th is another Village Pub Night. Just come along for a chat and supper – BBQ, weather permitting.
- Saturday May 14th is Pyrton’s Annual Fete. This year the fete is being held in the gardens of the Court House, by kind permission of Karen & Henry Hoy. There will be the usual stalls to explore and games to try out, whilst listening to the Watlington Concert Band. Plenty of refreshments will be available – Teas and cakes, BBQ and Beer tent – all in the setting of a lovely English garden.